Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Meal Planning

My weekly cleaning schedule has been going so well (for the past week, anyway...) that I decided to try a meal planning schedule as well. Now, I know meal planning works GREAT for a lot of people. For us, it's a bit difficult because the Mr. typically has one or two work dinners a week, and we often have plans to go out once a week. So that leaves maybe two or three nights when I can cook, so I need to buy things that are will still be okay if I don't end up making them til Thursday, or even the week after. So here's what I'm thinking for this week
Monday: Autumn Penne Pasta with Sauteed Brussels Sprouts (also I had no idea that Brussels was spelled with an "S" on the end. So they're Brussels as in, they came from Brussels, Belgium?)--From Gina's Skinny Recipes

(source)
I'm excited about this one--I LOVE Brussels Sprouts and it also has some ground turkey in it to give it some protein and make it a little more filling. But shh, don't tell the Mr.--he claims to hate ground chicken/turkey.

Tuesday: I'm assuming we will have leftovers...and maybe I'll throw together a garden salad.

Wednesday: Crabcakes and Spicy Mustard Sauce with an Arugula Salad
Crab Cakes and Spicy Mustard Sauce Recipe
(Source)
This one is courtesy of Cooking Light; I have a subscription and it's definitely worth it. I find at least 10 recipes I'm dying to make in every issue!

Thursday: Two Bean Soup with Kale
Two-Bean Soup with Kale Recipe
(Source)
Another CL recipes. I find that soups are good to make toward the end of the week, because then we can eat them throughout the weekend. And yum, kale! I would be hard pressed to find a leafy green I don't like, but kale is especially yummy.

Friday, I never really plan for because I assume we'll go out or order it (can't be the convenience of 5 million restaurants within a 5 block radius!).

I'll try to write at the end of the week and let everyone know how I actually did with sticking to this plan. I'm optimisitic! Maybe this will become a regular thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment