Thursday, October 27, 2011

Apparently I'm not THAT desperate

For the last few months, I have been going around whining and complaining about how I just want a job, "any job". Well, folks, that's apparently not true--I interview for a job today which I have NO desire to actually do.

On paper, it looked great. I'd be working with kids and families! I'd have a ton of independence/a flexible schedule! I'd get a laptop and phone! Buuuut then I started to find out more nitty gritty details. Like those kids and families---the kids are all delinquents (their word, not mine!) who have major conduct disorder, and are involved in the juvenile justice system. This isn't a case of "Johnny is hyperactive".This is a case of "Johnny slapped his mother across the face and then stole money from his baby sister". And that independence/flexible schedule? Yes, I'd be able to do most of my paperwork from home and start my day at noon, but I'd also have to be doing home visits to these kids and families in the afternoons/evenings. And we're not talking about strolling over to the Upper East Side. We're talking about the projects in the South Bronx, to name one lovely area. And that laptop and phone that I would get? That would be used to contact me 24 hours a day/7 days a week, if one of my families needs something.

So I think this job gets a "No, but thanks!" from me.

In other news, this is what we had for dinner last night:


I know it doesn't look like much (and actually looks kind of disgusting) but it was GOOD! It's a mixture of roasted spaghetti squash, sauteed swiss chard, and roasted (purple!) cauliflower. All farmer's market goodness. Even the Mr. ate it up, which I wasn't sure would happen. But it was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment