Monday, October 24, 2011

Long (long) time, no blog...

Well, it's been over 9 months since my last (and first) post. I guess getting into the whole blogging thing wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Since I wrote that post, a lot has changed! We did go to Beaver Creek--and had a great time.


We then went on another mini ski trip with another couple, J and J (who just got engaged--congrats to them!!).

As you can tell, the weather was not quite as nice in Southern VT as it was in Colorado. I was almost in tears because it was so cold and windy (and maybe also because I'm a big baby in extreme temperatures). But this ski trip over President's Day weekend is somewhat of a tradition (we've gone away with our friend Jerry three years in a row now), and I hope we keep it up!

We also rented a house up in Woodstock for a few weeks this summer and went up there on the weekends. It gave us a taste of what it would be like to have a vacation home--or a home in general, as we've never had to deal with anything related to home ownership. Mr. V loved it--so much so that he now wants to move upstate, become yuppie hippies (yippies? huppies?) and grow our own food. My feelings on this change by the day, depending on how annoyed I am with NYC at any given moment. But our weekends there were really wonderful and we had an amazing time.





And finally, in August, we went to California and drove down PCH 1, which is something we've been talking about doing for years.

















The biggest event, however, is that I am now fun-employed. Although I don't know how much fun it actually is. I left my job in June, after getting my LMHC. I thought (as I'm sure many people do) that with a BA and an MA AND a license, I would have no trouble getting another job. Aaaand here we are, 4 months later.

SO. While I spent the first three months complaining, whining, and basically making my poor husband miserable, this month I'm feeling a bit better about my situation. I'm trying to look at it as a blessing--I get to sleep late! I have plenty of time to cook and bake! I never have to get dressed if I don't want to! Oh wait, no--that's a sure-fire way for me to feel even worse about myself. I NEED to get dressed, slap on some makeup, and make it out of the house at least once a day so I feel at least somewhat productive with my life. Hence the  name of this blog--I need to get out of my pajamas and into real clothes; into the real world. Job or no job, I refuse to become one with my couch cushions!

No comments:

Post a Comment